ATTENTION INDIE BOOKSELLERS!!!
Announcing The Inaugural
Europa International Book Fair Scholarship
Win a trip to the 2016 Frankfurt Book Fair!!!
Beginning with this year’s Frankfurt Book Fair in October, Europa Editions is sponsoring visits by US booksellers to the world’s biggest and best international book fairs. This year’s scholarship is linked to your participation in the November 1st launch of Elena Ferrante’s new books. In future years, the scholarship will be open to any bookseller who is keen to establish and foster connections with the international publishing and bookselling community at the Turin Book Fair, or the London Book Fair, or the Frankfurt Book Fair.
On sale November 1: Frantumaglia: An Author’s Journey (9781609452926), and The Beach at Night (9781609453701). Host a #FerranteNightFever launch event during the week of October 31, and:
- Europa Editions will send you an event kit with event ideas, discussion questions, and A4 #FerranteNightFever posters that you can use in your store to advertise the event
- Europa Editions will send you 50 Ferrante Fever buttons and Frantumaglia bookmarks to give away to customers before, during, or after your event.
- Europa Editions will add your event to the #FerranteNightFever interactive map, which will be a major component of our media blitz for the events beginning in October.
- One participating bookstore will win a scholarship for one bookseller to the Frankfurt Book Fair (October 19-23, 2016). The scholarship winner will attend bookseller-focused panels, meet authors from around the world, attend swanky publishing parties, meet Ferrante’s 40+ international publishers & translators, and hang out with Europa at the biggest and best publishing fair in the world.*
Here’s what you have to do:
- Confirm by July 30 that you’ll be hosting a #FerranteNightFever event during the week of October 31 by writing to EIBS@europaeditions.com. You must notify us by this date to be in the running.
- Send us details of the event (date, time, format, participants) no later than September 15.
- Set up an event page on your web site and/or create an event on your Facebook page so that we can link to it from the #FerranteNightFever interactive map
- Tweet photos of your event tagging @europaeditions #FerranteNightFever.
Questions? Fire away. Contact us at EIBS@europaeditions.com subject line: #FerranteNightFever
*Store owner or manager will be notified if his or her store has been chosen by August 15. The decision as to who, from the store, is the recipient of the scholarship will be up to the owner/manager.